If you’re thinking about retiring this year, there are steps you can start carrying out before you step away from work. You’ll want to think through financial decisions and set up plans for the coming years. It can also be helpful to consider your priorities in retirement as you shift into this new phase.
Here’s what you can do if you aim to retire in 2023:
- Decide when to start Social Security.
- Sign up for Medicare or other health insurance.
- Check your retirement benefits.
- Take advantage of last-minute benefits at work.
- Consider rolling over your 401(k) to an IRA.
- Make a financial plan.
- Decide what to do next.